Featuring an all new story-driven scenario, novel gameplay mechanics, plus original rides, characters and scenery straight from the 1984 classic movie, this new Planet Coaster content pack provides everything players need to create the most authentic Ghostbusters entertainment park seen in a game.
Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters also sees Dan Aykroyd voice his original role as the iconic Raymond Stantz, mentoring players throughout their campaign as they build their park and take care of the ghostly issues that besiege their rides. Joining Aykroyd, William Atherton will also voice his role as Ghostbusters antagonist Walter Peck.
A host of other fan-favourite ghosts and characters will also make appearances as the story progresses, including Slimer, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and even the legendary ECTO-1 car. A new interactive dark ride, The Ghostbusters Experience, will allow players to engage in a whole new way as they take on the role of a Ghostbuster to bust ghosts with their particle throwers and log their high score.
Keep an eye on the Planet Coaster social channels for regular updates and further details.
In the meantime, be sure to watch the announcement trailer today:
The most ambitious content pack for Planet Coaster to date, Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters includes:
● A fully-voiced, narrative campaign featuring the voice talents of Dan Aykroyd and William Atherton.
● A new interactive ghostbusting ride, The Ghostbusters Experience.
● A new, Slimer-themed kiddie coaster, the RollerGhoster.
● Classic Ghostbusters characters such as Raymond Stantz, Slimer, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and a few surprises!
● Authentic scenery pieces and sounds straight from the 1984 original movie, including the Ghostbusters HQ, Spook Central, ECTO-1 and Ray Parker Jr’s classic Ghostbusters theme.
Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters* will be available to purchase from Steam or the Frontier Store for £12.99 ($14.99, €14.99)